There's still a server that runs CanaryMod

CanaryMod related discussions

There's still a server that runs CanaryMod

Postby Scoin0 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:59 am

I don't even know how I landed upon this. I was going through some Youtube videos when suddenly I got recommended the 'oldest Minecraftserver'. Checked it out and noticed that it has been running since 2010 with still hundreds of players. Did a little more digging, surprisingly they're still running CanaryMod. I'm honestly surprised anyone still uses it.
The server I found is http://minecraftonline.com.

Anyway, how has anyone been. I come here every few months or so to see if anything changed but all that's changed is the lack of random accounts.
I help out when I can. :)
Discord: scoin0
Scoin0

Re: There's still a server that runs CanaryMod

Postby 14mRh4X0r » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Ah yes, I've been cleaning up spam accounts (and disabling registration). I'm honestly surprised people even still check this forum.

Regarding this server, I've been an admin of it since 2013. The reason it's still running CanaryMod is that it uses a lot of hMod plugins, and most of them don't have replacements…

PS: better 2 months late than never, right?
14mRh4X0r
Site Admin

Postby Scoin0 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 am

Ah, I see! I just found it crazy that a server still ran canary.
Scoin0

Postby Notex » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:18 am

Sorry for the bump (I randomly thought about CanaryMod for some reason and decided to visit the forum again). That server seems to have switched to SpongeVanilla now although I am surprised how long it was running CanaryMod before it finally switched.
Notex

Postby Scoin0 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:55 am

Notex wrote:Sorry for the bump (I randomly thought about CanaryMod for some reason and decided to visit the forum again). That server seems to have switched to SpongeVanilla now although I am surprised how long it was running CanaryMod before it finally switched.

I'm surprised people still check here now and again that's not me. I think they changed pretty recently over to Sponge but it was nice to see them use Canary for so long.
Scoin0

Return to Discussions