RaspberryJuice

CanaryMod related discussions

RaspberryJuice

Postby PixelPi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Does anyone have experience with RaspberryJuice and Canary?

See:

http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2014/10/m ... rymod.html

Seeking for a week now after a long-term solution for Python programming and Minecraft. It would be perfect to teach children. I bought the book from O'Hanlon and Whale. But unlike in the book I would like to work with a stand-alone internet server and maybe the current version of Minecraft. The children are spread all over the country. I've found that the children have a very high level of motivation and willingness to learn when it comes to Minecraft.
PixelPi

Re: RaspberryJuice

Postby jamierocks » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:50 pm

From taking a quick look, RaspberryJuice uses Minecraft Pi's API. I'm sure there are many tutorials available for which.

CanaryMod is currently at Minecraft 1.8, unfortunately CanaryMod is no longer in development, in favour to Neptune which is far from completion :(
Hopefully when Minecraft 1.9 releases, Neptune will be in a stable state.
jamierocks

Re: RaspberryJuice

Postby PixelPi » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:20 am

Thank you for your answer and clarification. I think until Neptune appear I will try CanaryMod.

I have experimented in the recent days a lot with RCON and the vanilla server. I think I could most implement through the RCON API and the execute command by writing a little daemon which will filter the RCON commands and implement a basic right management. But what really surprises me is that there apparently is no way to determined the position of a player. With RaspberryJuice this is done by the getTilePos() method.

Also I read of problems to determine the player positions with RaspberryJuice in combination with the bukkit server:
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ra ... juice/#c15
PixelPi

Return to Discussions